Quinoa Avocado Chocolate Fudge Cake - Gluten Free, Vegan and Healthy

Discussion in 'Healthy Recipes' started by Bastian, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Bastian

Bastian Administrator Staff Member

This is the best baked cake I've ever made and it's super healthy. It may look a bit stodgy from the photos, but it tastes really good with its stodginess.

With gluten free baking it can often be very dry and have an unpleasant texture that you need lots of spread to make it edible. This is not the case with this cake. The quinoa is moist and fluffy and the chocolate avocado icing just makes an already great cake even better. Chia seeds are used to help give a good texture as this is free of dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten and all that other stuff. A healthy cake packed with nutrition.

RECIPE - http://bit.ly/Quinoa-Cake
    PIN RECIPE - http://pin.it/C4JxOQf

VIDEO RECIPE

2. Celo

Celo New Member

Just seen and shared this on Facebook. Looks amazing I will be making this next weekend!

3. Tamarindo

Tamarindo New Member

What swetener did you use?

4. Nikko

Nikko New Member

Hello, beautiful recipe but i don't like dates and maple syrup is too expensive where i live. Are there any other sweeteners that you can use instead.

Thanks in advance

5. Bastian

I used maple syrup for the frosting and dates for the cake base. But any sweetener you like will work well - coconut syrup, rice syrup or any dried fruits. You can taste the icing as you're making to make sure its sweet enough.

Nikko likes this.
  6. Bastian

Thank you. Just replace the maple with your favourite liquid sweetener. As for the dates you can use a liquid sweetener or other dried fruit such as raisins. I'll work on a version without dates :)

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Hi!

I've made this cake today...can't wait to have some after dinner!..but I'm wondering if you could tell me what the protein, carb and sugar content is at all please?

Thanks!

8. Celo

Celo New Member

I worked this out at about 55g of fat, 115g sugar and 45g protein. Are you following a diet?

9. Nikko

Nikko New Member

Thanks , i made this last night and it was really good. Everyone wanted the recipie even before knowing it was a healthy cake.

It did take 50 mins to cook in my oven

10. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I see that the video and written recipe is slightly different. I guess it doesn't really matter but good to know.

11. Bastian

Hi Sarah, I often do update the written recipe with feedback from other people and sometimes there are mistakes in the video (very hard to check your own work).

Always go by the written recipe as I can't go back to edit the video. I think the oven times were adjusted for this one :)

12. Gems

Gems New Member

Hi,
    This looks great did you by any chance work out the calorie content?

Many thanks,
    Gems

13. Bastian

Yep its about 390 cal a slice, in all my recipes the calorie content is at the top of the recipe before the ingredients :)

14. Bastian

Someone has just asked if it will work as cupcakes - it might do if you make several layers as the cake is denser than a normal batter :)

15. Klly89

Klly89 New Member

Can I leave out the chia seeds? Or replace them with something else? (I'm not aloud to eat them with bloodthinners medication) Or will that affect the substance in a bad way?

16. Nikko

Nikko New Member

can you eat flax seeds?